get motivated

Get Motivated to Get Fit: Use the Buddy System

Drudgery, procrastination, dragging feet and pulling teeth– that’s what it can feel like to convince yourself to work out. If you’re like most people, 90% of the time you’re talking yourself out of going to the gym. If you fit into the other 10% category…drag us with you! Everything is easier when you pursue a new habit with a friend. We’ve discovered three reasons you should use the buddy system to get motivated and start getting fit.

1 > Accountability
We all have good days and bad days. However hard it may be to admit, in order to get through the bad days, we have to continue the habits we set forth on our good days.  If you haven’t figured it out already, it can be downright difficult to get motivated for a workout without an accountability partner. While workout buddies may be obnoxious when you’re not in the mood to workout, getting yourself to the gym is the hardest part, and you can thank your accountability partner for helping you stick to your goals. Once you get to the gym and get your blood pumping, your body begins releasing seratonin and it becomes much easier to get motivated to make the most of your workout.

Don’t think the responsibility lies all on your friend’s shoulders either…share the responsibility! For example, lay down the law with your friend and say, “Ok, Awesome Friend, you are responsible for picking me up for the gym on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and I’ll be responsible for picking you up on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. No excuses! I’m counting on you and you can count on me.” Then stick to your word and don’t let your friend down! Nothing will help you get motivated quite like someone counting on you to follow through.

2 > More Fun
What’s more motivating than actually having fun while working out at the gym? Not much. So how do we make going to the gym FUN with your workout buddy? Share workout playlists. Jam out to the same songs between sets. Pull funny faces or awkward dance moves to try and break each other’s concentration. Take those free classes together that are offered with your membership, but you’ve been too scared to attend on your own. Then reward yourselves by relaxing in the sauna together after your workout. Working out should be fun; use the buddy system to get motivated in your path toward fitness.

3 > Competition
Go to the gym with specific goals. How many sets of lunges, pushups, planks, and pullups are you going to do? Do a set of 15 pushups while your friend lifts weights. Then switch. The fact that your friend is waiting for those weights will help you get motivated to push through your workout to reach your goal. If you want to really get motivated, place bets. “If I finish the workout first, you have to make me a Svêlo shake.” Who wouldn’t want that as a reward?

Using the buddy system will help you get motivated in your fitness goals, forcing you to be accountable, infusing more fun into your workout, and lighting the fire of competition within your soul. What better reward is there to some friendly competition than a Svêlo shake? Not only will a Svêlo shake enhance your workout efforts, but replenish you with clean fuel so you’ll have extra energy throughout the day. Who doesn’t want that?  If you want to up the ante, bet a whole bag of Svêlo!

0 Comment

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Chat with us
Chat with us
Questions, doubts, issues? We are here to help you!
Connecting...
We are not around right now, but we would love to chat. What are your questions?
Looks like we have a lot of chat requests right now, want to try back later or leave us a message?
:
:
:
Hi! We hope you are having a great day! How can we help?
:
:
This chat session has ended